The tracklisting for the Frozen 2 soundtrack has been unveiled. Oscar-winning songwriting team Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez have written seven original new songs for the film including Into The Unknown.
Panic! At The Disco, Kacey Musgraves and Weezer also feature on the end credit track.
Director Chris Buck says, “The music of the Lopezes and Christophe Beck are part of the DNA of ‘Frozen,’” said Buck. “We couldn’t imagine building ‘Frozen 2’ without them. They bring such a rich, emotional understanding of the world and characters, and through their incredible music we have been able to really deepen and expand the story.”
“The songs and score of ‘Frozen 2’ reflect the growth of the characters and the deepening of their story,” added Lee, who also serves as chief creative officer at WDAS. “The music is fun but emotional, personal yet powerful, intimate but also epic. Kristen, Bobby and Christophe have definitely outdone themselves and taken the music to brave new heights.”
Anderson-Lopez said, “From the beginning of our collaboration with Jennifer Lee, Chris Buck and Peter Del Vecho, everything we’ve created has come from big questions—what is the story that we all as artists, individually and collectively, need to tell? Bobby and I approach the story through the lens of which moments of our story lead to big emotions—feelings so strong our characters can no longer talk but need to sing.”
Added Lopez, “Our tradition of songwriting comes from the world of musical theater, where songs must always forward the story in a fresh and surprising way. Every song has to take a character on a journey.”
1. “All is Found” – performed by Evan Rachel Wood
2. “Some Things Never Change” – performed by Kristen Bell, Idina Menzel, Josh Gad and Jonathan Groff
3. “Into the Unknown” – performed by Idina Menzel (featuring Norwegian singer AURORA)
4. “When I Am Older” – performed by Josh Gad
5. “Reindeer(s) are Better than People (Cont.)” – performed by Jonathan Groff
6. “Lost in the Woods” – performed by Jonathan Groff
7. “Show Yourself” – performed by Idina Menzel and Evan Rachel Wood
8. “The Next Right Thing” – performed by Kristen Bell
9. “Into the Unknown” – performed by Panic! At The Disco (end credits)
10. “All is Found” – performed by Kacey Musgraves (end credits)
11. “Lost in the Woods” – performed by Weezer (end credits)
The Frozen 2 soundtrack, set for release from Walt Disney Records on Nov. 15, 2019, is now available for digital pre-order, pre-save at Spotify and pre-add at Apple Music (https://disneymusic.co/Frozen2).
Frozen 2 opens in U.S. theaters on Nov. 22.